Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 40+ talented problem solvers in our downtown offices who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced Intermediate QA Analyst to lead a team of three at our Head Office in Victoria. The primary responsibility of the QA Analyst is to ensure the highest the quality of the work we publish at FreshWorks Studio.
As an Intermediate QA Analyst, you will apply both manual and automated testing to the products. For manual testing, you hunt for bugs and requests enhancements. Once you find bugs, you are responsible for logging and tasking them in JIRA for the developers. For automated testing, you produce test scenarios by reviewing documents like SRS and user stories.
As a QA Analyst, you require excellent communication skills and a strong ability to navigate applications, while providing constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers. You have a grasp of developing and executing test scenarios, using tools like Espresso, XCTest and Selenium for Android, iOS, and web, and providing code documentation that is clear and easy to read.
- Deploy manual testing of applications by hunting for bugs and requesting enhancements;
- Log and task bugs in JIRA;
- Provide constructive criticism and guidance to developers on bugs and UI/UX changes with designers;
- Deploy automated testing by producing test scenarios by reviewing documents like an SRS and user stories;
- Utilize tools such as Espresso, XCTest and Selenium for Android, iOS, and web for developing and executing test scenarios;
- Develop, execute and maintain test cases and scenarios, based on requirements documents and technical specifications;
- Document & evaluate test results against expected results, identify and document discrepancies and review with the senior staff, analysts and developers;
- Ensure that quality assurance methods and standards are maintained for the applications;
- Develop and maintain an inventory of manual tests, including regression test cases;
- Collaborate with the developers in the testing of the content and the automation test suite;
- Support the business implementation team with the preparation of test cases for acceptance testing, as requested by business representatives.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our downtown office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, foosball table, ping-pong table, and a kegerator. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are every second Friday.
Need to Haves
A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
3+ years experience as a QA Analyst
Experience working in an Agile environment
Strong testing skills and a high attention to detail
Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
Experience working on Mobile App related QA projects
Experience working with browser debugging/development tools
Good communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
Experience with java API testing, postman, SOAP, REST
Basic Experience with automation, running scripts, Selenium, and Appium
Experience working with remote teams in other cities