Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria based award winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 40+ talented problem solvers in our downtown offices who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced Project Manager to add to our Project Management team. Your primary responsibilities are to lead a project team in the development of mobile and web applications, maintain good relationships with clients (internal and external), and making sure that work is carried out efficiently and professionally. You will initiate, plan, manage and close out projects all the while conducting follow-ups with clients and developers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
As a Project Manager, you possess a well-rounded background in both business and ideally IT, including experience in innovating, starting up or operating in a software services business unit. You ideally hold experience in related areas of software project management and fit into a high performance culture that sets standards and applies quality control. You enjoy working on multiple fast-paced projects with hard deadlines and constant change, and have a strong drive for advancing their skills to achieve excellence.
As a Project Manager, you are able to motivate project teams to meet deadlines, which can include asking them to work overtime into evenings and weekends. You can read the stress of the team and communicate needs to management.
- Work flexible hours and communicate with remote teams (often early morning or evening hours depending on the time difference);
- Coordinate the organization of project activities, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery, including: defining project scope, specifying deliverables, estimating project timelines, effort and costs, managing project budget, creating project charters, schedules, and managing scope change requests;
- Ensuring project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies;
- Use advanced project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Maintain detailed status and project log reports on each project to present to IT Managers and Project Stakeholders;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solving on highly complex and medium scope problems, challenging guidelines when necessary;
- Act as a primary liaison between team members.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our Head Office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our Head Office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, foosball table, ping-pong table, and a kegerator. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are every second Friday.
Need to Haves
- Strong writing, presentation, and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience in use of modern project management tools like JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Exhibits critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of software best practices when it comes to user flow and choice of technology
- Drives best practices within software development processes to ultimately release products to customers successfully
- Proven champion and pragmatist of Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with our design, architecture, and development teams to ensure they are operating efficiently. Eliminate the hurdles they may face and lead the planning process to ensure each team has prioritized list of stories and epics in timely fashion
- Provides clear communication with end-users; interpretation and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms