Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 50+ talented problem solvers in our downtown offices who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Hyrdo, BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and are looking for a passionate Office Administrator as a new role in our company of 50+ employees. Your primary responsibility is maintaining a sound working office environment and assisting with general office administrative functions. This role will focus on financial accountability, organizing company events and meetings, managing and ordering office, kitchen and event supplies, and providing assistance with general office administrative duties and ad hoc tasks, including reception-like duties such as greeting clients and candidates.
As the Office Administrator, you demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills in your work. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. A typical day may include researching the best conference phone solution, reorganizing the kitchen appliances, and updating contact information for accounts receivable contacts. Sound like fun and plenty of variety? Check your pockets and make sure you have a can-do attitude with you and you’ll do just fine here.
- Order and manage office, kitchen, and events supplies/resources;
- Coordinate and plan for physical office needs including liaising with building management regarding maintenance issues as they arise, reviewing renovation budgets and assisting with the planning and execution of future office expansions;
- Create and follow-up on client invoices;
- Book travel arrangements including flights, ferries, and accommodations for employees and interview candidates;
- Plan and organize company functions and team events;
- Provide general support to the HR Manager, COO, and CEO as required including update and implement office policies and procedures;
- Implement and manage internal communication systems, processes, and content, for example: a quarterly newsletter to all employees;
- Ensure our team members work and personal needs are met.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our downtown office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, foosball table, ping-pong table, and a kegerator. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are every second Friday.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree in Office/Business Administration or a related discipline. Accounting might work, but only if you have a sense of humour too.
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience
- Strong service quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is.
- An understanding of startup culture and it’s challenges
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience with invoicing
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Account Receivable
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs
- Familiarity with any of the following software: Xero, ReceiptBank, Expensify, Wagepoint, Trello, Slack