Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 40+ talented problem solvers in our downtown offices who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
8th Floor, 543 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for an experienced Mobility Architect to add to our team at Head Office in Victoria or Vancouver. The Mobility Architect provides comprehensive advice in mobile application design, product implementation, software development and technology architecture. In this role, you will provide leadership in the design of high quality solutions that operate in the client’s business and technical environment.
As a Mobility Architect, you will evaluate technologies based on business requirements and client constraints. You need to be comfortable managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders. You will participate in sales activities including proposal writing and presentation and will provide estimates for the design and implementation of solutions.
The Mobility Architect plays a large role in formulating the technology road map, including identifying and proposing technology solutions and ideas. You are required to be knowledgeable of architecture practices and trends and to keep this knowledge-base current as the field evolves. You need to be comfortable spotting technical constraints and discussing them in detail with the client.
As a Mobility Architect, you will work closely with our iOS and Android application development team and other IT experts to address business, technical, and hardware needs. You will direct meetings with our technical team to explain requirements and strengthen their understanding of the solution to be developed.
- Define the technology architecture to integrate processes and systems to maximize value and minimize impact associated with the change;
- Work with business leadership to understand and set technology architecture direction to realize Firm strategic initiatives;
- Provide technical recommendations to senior leaders to assist the decisions on proposed IT investments/solutions, while assessing the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the architecture to adequately address all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders and satisfactorily reconciling potential conflicting concerns of different stakeholders and showing the trade-offs made in doing so;
- Collaborate with other Solution Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance that will align with the strategy and applicable technical standards including Software Engineering, Enterprise Application design patterns and Integration Patterns;
- Work independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs and issues within their technology area;
- Provide coaching and technical mentoring through extensive leadership, communication, and teamwork skills;
- Keep abreast of enterprise architecture practices and trends.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of downtown, a city with a rapidly evolving tech sector and recognized for being one of Canada's most ethnically diverse cities. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our Head Office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our downtown office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, ping-pong table, kegerator, monthly team events and an annual company-wide camping trip. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are once a month - pizza lunch included!
Need to Haves
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mobile application development and/or architecture design;
- Experience in technology architecture, which describes the hardware, software, and network infrastructure needed to support the deployment of core, mission-critical applications;
- iOS Application development background in an enterprise setting, knowledge of debugging tools and design patterns like MVVM;
- Experience implementing enterprise mobility management (EMM) software such as VMware AirWatch;
- Knowledge of PAAS tools like Red Hat OpenShift, IBM BlueMix etc.;
- Experience in working with or setting up of automated CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience leading complex large scale program efforts within an enterprise;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Prior consulting experience;
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and best practices;
- Some experience with formal Enterprise Architecture standards;
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (such as Scrum);
- Prior experience working with a public sector organization in Canada;
- Experience integrating with SAP enterprise solutions;