Intermediate iOS Developer
Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 40+ talented problem solvers in our downtown offices who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton St, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for talented Intermediate iOS Developers to add to our iOS department. We are looking for one developer to add to our existing team at our Head Office in Victoria.
Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of iOS applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence. As an Intermediate iOS Developer, you are familiar with the HIG (Human Interface Guidelines) and are comfortable with converting wireframes/designs with Interface Builder, .XIB files or creating programmatic views if necessary. You are comfortable working with RESTful APIs and have experience with offline storage, multi-threading, and performance tuning.
As an iOS developer, you are proficient at generating certificates, creating provisioning profiles, and successfully submitting your applications to the App Store. You have a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our iOS team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate the roadmap;
- Identify and propose solutions viable to the client needs;
- Collaborate with our other iOS experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Create test plans, test scripts and conduct system testing;
- Participate in iOS app development, deployment and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications;
- Contribute to the overall company in culture building, teamwork, and positivity.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our downtown office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, foosball table, ping-pong table, and a kegerator. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are every second Friday.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience developing iOS apps
- Solid understanding of Swift and working knowledge of Objective-C
- Familiarity with iOS libraries and Frameworks such as Kingfisher, MapKit, Alamofire, Core Animation, Core Location and UserNotifications
- Strong OOP skills
- A love for architecting highly scalable systems using different approaches (MVC, MVP or MVVM)
- Strong understanding of working with GIT and version control
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of F5 big-IP
- Experience with the SAP Mobile Platform
- Experience configuring Per App VPNs
- Experience integrating with Geographic Integration Systems (GIS)
- Experience with Microsoft services including, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, FileNet (document repository), and Microsoft Passport
- Experience with hybrid frameworks such as: Apache Cordova, Xamarin, or Ionic
Please share at least one successfully deployed app on the App store with us in your application.