Hybrid Mobile Developer
Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 30+ talented problem solvers in our downtown office who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
8th Floor, 543 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for a talented Hybrid Mobile Developer to add to our new team in Vancouver. Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of hybrid mobile applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence.
As a Hybrid Mobile Developer, you are expected to demonstrate professional experience in working with Hybrid App frameworks like Xamarin, Cordova, Ionic or React Native. You should also be able to display a good understanding of SQL database structure, particularly using MySQL & Postgresql. As a Hybrid Mobile Developer, you will work with backend services like SAP, ESRI, Firebase or write apps that consume custom RESTful APIs. You will bring experience with development of mobile apps to the team that enable offline storage, multi threading, and GPS tracking.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the client's
- Collaborate with other mobile app developers and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Participate in hybrid app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of downtown, a city with a rapidly evolving tech sector and recognized for being one of Canada's most ethnically diverse cities. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- Experience writing native mobile Cordova plugins and build processes for Android and iOS
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Writing and understanding OOPS concepts
- Experienced with Apple App Store, Google Play Store guidelines and best-practices for hybrid applications
- Advocate of readable code, by using clear, explicit method and variable names and effective commenting
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience with the SAP Mobile Platform
- Experience integrating with Geographic Integration Systems (GIS), ESRI ArcGIS etc.
- Experience configuring Per App VPNs
- Experience with restful API design & development
- Experience with Microsoft services including, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, FileNet (document repository), and Microsoft Passport
- Experience using Xamarin
Please include at least one successfully deployed app with us in your application.