HR & Admin Assistant
Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria, BC-based startup that specializes in delivering mobile and web applications. We work with both public and private sector organizations on a range of project sizes - from apps for BC HighWays & the City of Victoria, to our latest commercial contracts with leading BC companies Used.ca & Harbour Air. We are a family of innovators, creators and engineers, having come together from different cultures and countries. Our office is a place where we’re free to experiment with the coolest, most cutting-edge technology. We are a company that is sharing its passion and expertise to help others thrive in the digital future. We are building a community that creates smart and elegant mobile applications, seamless product strategies, responsive web applications, and story-driven user experiences for bold entrepreneurs. We don’t ask for years of experience, because it’s not about how long you’ve been practicing a skill, it’s how well you do it.
You will be responsible for our overall Human Resources functions from recruiting, selection, onboarding, performance management, and career growth. You will also help with corporate administration functions, business organization, and documentation.
You should have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal, be an natural people person, organized and procedural in your work, and like to set up and monitor best practices and new processes.
This role will report to our Chief Operating Officer. This role will also interact with both external with strategic organizations and educational institutions, and internally with all members of our quickly growing team.
This is an intermediate level position, but we will also accept stellar junior candidates that are driven, coachable, and show great aptitude.
NON-COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF JOB DUTIES
- Relationship building and management with key educational organizations.
- Marketing of FreshWorks with strategic relationships and online for candidate sourcing.
- Managing the hiring process, tracking recruits through their interview journey, and scheduling interviews with key employees and recruits.
- Manage a database of recruits and metrics on the recruiting process.
- Onboard new hires ensuring proper documentation, training, mentorship, and a success transition to their new roles at FreshWorks.
- Work with managers and team leaders to implement a performance. management system with metrics, meetings, and an annual 360 degree peer performance review system.
- Handle administration and documentation around human resources, government requirements, legal, and career management.
- Help organize team building functions, corporate and team events.
- Implement and manage internal communication systems, processes, and content, for example: a quarterly newsletter to all employees.
- Office management to ensure a sound working environment where our team members work and personal needs are met.
- And other management, administration, communication, and other projects that come up, as we’re a fast growing small company with many changing requirements.
What You Need
A completed or in progress BS/MS in Human Resources or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
An understanding of startup culture and it’s challenges.
A strong work ethic - we are a startup and quite literally every minute of our time counts.
Experience working with developers and non-technical staff.
Please share an example of a performance report or a procedure you have successfully implemented.
Nice To Haves
Experience working on Slack, Google Apps.
Excellent foosball or Xbox skills.
Why You Should Pick Us
Beanbag chairs. An awesome work environment where your voice matters. Flexible hours. Snacks. Opportunity to work on career-making projects.
These are just a few reasons to want to join the FreshWorks team.
We are collaborative, client focused, fun loving, tenacious and have a perfectionist streak. Heck, our wifi code is excellence - come try it out if you don’t believe us. We’re massively expanding, 2 to 25 in less than a year and we’re about to move to a much larger office with extra seats for amazing people like you!
What does an expanding team mean? It means you get the opportunity for internal advancement as we grow. It means you can come in as web and learn some mobile, start junior and learn to lead, or join as a designer and end up in project management. We’re starting to put in whole rewards systems like coffee programs, name your vacation, pick your passions, and the opportunity to get involved in courses and conferences to network and expand your skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.