Technical Project Manger
Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria, BC-based startup that specializes in delivering mobile and web applications. We work with both public and private sector organizations on a range of project sizes - from apps for BC HighWays & the City of Victoria, to our latest commercial contracts with leading BC companies Used.ca & Harbour Air. We are a family of innovators, creators and engineers, having come together from different cultures and countries. Our office is a place where we’re free to experiment with the coolest, most cutting-edge technology. We are a company that is sharing its passion and expertise to help others thrive in the digital future. We are building a community that creates smart and elegant mobile applications, seamless product strategies, responsive web applications, and story-driven user experiences for bold entrepreneurs. We don’t ask for years of experience, because it’s not about how long you’ve been practicing a skill, it’s how well you do it.
Applicants should have a well-rounded background in both business and IT, including experience in innovating, starting up or operating in a software services business unit, along with experience in related areas of software project management. Candidates for this role must fit into a high performance culture that sets standards and applies quality control. Candidates must enjoy working on multiple fast-paced projects with hard deadlines and constant change, and should have a strong drive for advancing their skills to achieve excellence.
What we want from you:
· Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Deep understanding of software best practices when it comes to user flow and choice of technology.
· Experience in use of modern project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, MS Project etc.
· Be the agile champion and pragmatist, driving best practices within software development processes to ultimately release products to customers successfully.
· Ability to work with our design, architecture and development teams to ensure they are operating efficiently, eliminate the hurdles they may face, and lead the planning process to ensure each team has prioritized list of stories and epics in timely fashion.
· Critical thinking, creative problem solving and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication
· Clear communication with end-users; interpretation and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms.
· Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permit.
What we provide:
· Convenient office location in downtown Victoria with flexible working hours.
· Complete autonomy over your work with generous vacation policy.
· Highly-driven leaders and co-workers with diverse experience and humility.
· Competitive salary and stock options for top performers.
· Ample opportunities to jump the corporate ladder to leadership positions.
· Optional but highly recommended Foosball and Xbox competitions.
Please include your resume and links to your past work (presentations, project plans etc.) in your submission.
Why You Should Pick Us
Beanbag chairs. An awesome work environment where your voice matters. Flexible hours. Snacks. Opportunity to work on career-making projects.
These are just a few reasons to want to join the FreshWorks team.
We are collaborative, client focused, fun loving, tenacious and have a perfectionist streak. Heck, our wifi code is excellence - come try it out if you don’t believe us. We’re massively expanding, 2 to 25 in less than a year and we’re about to move to a much larger office with extra seats for amazing people like you!
What does an expanding team mean? It means you get the opportunity for internal advancement as we grow. It means you can come in as web and learn some mobile, start junior and learn to lead, or join as a designer and end up in project management. We’re starting to put in whole rewards systems like coffee programs, name your vacation, pick your passions, and the opportunity to get involved in courses and conferences to network and expand your skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.