Intermediate Frontend Developer
Who We Are
FreshWorks Studio is a Victoria-based award-winning app development firm that provides private and public sector organizations with quality web and mobile app solutions. By following agile methodology and planning principles we guide the company's passionate and talented iOS/Android/Web developers to deliver superior app development for start-ups, mid-scale enterprises, and governments.
At FreshWorks, you will work with a team of 30+ talented problem solvers in our downtown office who are passionate, collaborative, fun, and extremely motivated. Our family of innovators, creators, and engineers have worked on projects for some highly recognizable clients like BC Ferries, Used.ca, and Harbour Air.
1st Floor, 736 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC (Head Office)
Position Reference Number
Number of Positions
Commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid holiday break from December 25-January 1
- Relocation assistance (within Canada)
- Opportunity for equity compensation
We are growing quickly and are looking for a talented Intermediate Frontend Developer to add to our Web Development team at our Head Office in Victoria. Your primary responsibility is ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of web applications is up to FreshWorks’ standards of excellence.
As a Frontend Developer, you are responsible for deploying our web applications to cloud providers like Azure, AWS; working experience with Docker and the command line is preferred. You have a strong understanding of encryption and other security best practices. FreshWorks has contracts with both private and public sector clients, and our web team uses their knowledge of secure networking and storage to keep our client data safe.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap;
- Identify and propose technology solutions viable to the client needs;
- Collaborate with other web experts and address business, technical, and logical needs;
- Generate interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams, and system models;
- Create test plans, test scripts, and conduct system testing;
- Participate in web app development, deployment, and migration;
- Prepare technical documents and other required functional specifications.
WHY CHOOSE FRESHWORKS
We added 25 tech professionals to our team this year. We are growing rapidly and have great opportunities for advancement and career development into leadership positions.
We added 25+ projects to our portfolio in 2017 and are on track to surpass that number in 2018. Our second office opened in Vancouver in July 2017 and there are plans for further expansion across Canada and into the US in the near future.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, the city with the mildest climate in Canada. Outdoors activities such as golfing, hiking, kayaking, and cycling can be done year round in this easily explorable community.
Our downtown office has the features expected from a tech company including lounge area, massage chair, foosball table, ping-pong table, and a kegerator. The kitchen has well stocked snack cupboards and a fridge with drinks to share with the team. Crepes are served on Thursday mornings and Demo Days are every second Friday.
Need to Haves
- A completed or in progress BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Diploma certificates are also okay!
- Experience in mobile responsive web design using Bootstrap
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment, use of GitHub, JIRA, BitBucket
- Proficiency in JS Frameworks like React, Angular etc.
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Hybrid application development frameworks like cordova, ionic, react-native etc.
- Familiarity with unit testing and Postman
Please include at least one successfully deployed public website with us in your application.